Owning a vehicle is definitely not the easiest thing, you have to follow some rules and do as per the country’s regulations while you’re at it. Make sure you read till the end of this article if you want to learn how to apply for an embossed number plate in Nepal.
Embossed number plates are a little different just in case you don’t know. Also, the Nepalese government has made it a compulsion to issue an embossed number plate for every new vehicle registered in Nepal. You still need to be aware of the steps and methods to apply for one.
What is an Embossed Number Plate?
Unlike the older number plates in Nepal, an embossed number plate is a camera-readable plate. Such a number plate connects to the vehicle’s GPS along with a microchip.
Why is an Embossed Number Plate Important?
An embossed number plate is getting a lot of priority from car owners as well as the government. But why is that so? Well, the answer is not debatable and almost obvious.
When a car has an embossed number plate, it becomes easier to know where the car is through its GPS system. In the same way, the government can keep a track of the whereabouts of the vehicle in case there are any types of tax or monetary fraud in the process. Also, you will have a sense of security even if your car ever gets stolen. Thieves are easier to track and find with the help of an embossed number plate.
Needless to say, this would not have been possible had it been for a non-embossed number plate.
The process to Apply For Embossed Number Plate in Nepal
The process is quite simple, make sure that you follow each and every precise step so you successfully apply for an embossed number plate in Nepal.
- Go to the official website of the Department of Transport Management (DoTM).
- Select the “Embossed Number Plate System” that you will find on the home page of the website.
- Enter the necessary information. You will need the registration number and the date of your vehicle. Complete the information requirements.
- Enter the verification code with the help of your phone number.
- You can also verify via email. You will get a verification number in the email that you have provided. Keep in mind, this step is completely optional and you can just provide your phone number. But, a phone number remains a must.
- Enter all the necessary information that will be given for you to fill out after the aforementioned process. You will also be needing a bill book or blue book in this process. Otherwise, you won’t be able to proceed. Hence, make sure you have all the necessary documents for this and further process.
- Download the application form. Make sure that you have provided the correct information. However, you need not worry about having provided the wrong information, you can always apply again. Just don’t mess up in this particular step.
- Lastly, submit. You will also require some necessary documents and two passport-sized photos when you are proceeding.
Where Can You Submit the Application?
For application, you have to go to the TMO in Gurjudhara, Kathmandu if you own a two-wheeler. In the same way, if you own four-wheelers, you have to go to TMO in Ekantakuna, Lalitpur.
Likewise, you will have to pay Rs. 2500 for two-wheelers, and Rs. 3200 for four-wheelers.
The whole process may seem like a hassle, but when you are at it, it is not. And, online registration and application have made it way more convenient to apply for embossed number plates than it was back in the past. Moreover, you can always make sure that you have security when you also use an embossed number plate instead of the older one. Not just the vehicle owner but also the government and all the other administrations will be assured of security when such a number plate is used.
Also read: How to Get Your Instagram Verified in Nepal?