Easily Connect Your AirTag to Your iPhone Without Tab
Learn how to connect your AirTag to your iPhone without a tab, even if you’ve lost the battery tab or it’s not working. Our simple and straightforward guide will have you up and running in no time.
What is an AirTag?
An AirTag is a small tracking device that you can attach to your belongings to help you find them if you lose them. AirTags work by using Bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. When you lose an AirTag, you can use the Find My app to see its location on a map.
How does an AirTag work?
AirTags uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your iPhone. This means that they use very little power and can last for up to a year on a single battery. When you lose an AirTag, your iPhone will automatically start searching for it.
If your iPhone is within range of the AirTag, it will play a sound so that you can find it. If your iPhone is not within range of the AirTag, it will keep track of the last known location of the AirTag. You can then use the Find My app to see this location on a map.
What do I need to connect an AirTag to my iPhone?
To connect an AirTag to your iPhone, you will need the following:
- An iPhone running iOS 14.5 or later
- An AirTag
- A Bluetooth connection
Steps on how to connect an AirTag to your iPhone without a tab
- Remove the battery tab from the AirTag (if applicable).
- Hold the AirTag near your iPhone.
- Tap Connect on the screen of your iPhone.
- Choose a name from the list or choose Custom Name to type a name and select an emoji, then tap Continue.
- Tap Continue to register the item to your Apple ID, then tap Done.
Read More: How to Update AirTag Location
What if I don’t see a Connect button on my iPhone?
If you don’t see a Connect button on your iPhone, make sure that your iPhone is running iOS 14.5 or later. You can also try restarting your iPhone and the AirTag.
What if I can’t connect my AirTag to my iPhone?
If you can’t connect your AirTag to your iPhone, try the following:
- Make sure that your iPhone and the AirTag are within close range of each other.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running iOS 14.5 or later.
- Make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on.
- Restart your iPhone and the AirTag.
- Reset the AirTag.
How do I replace the battery in an AirTag?
The AirTag uses a CR2032 battery, which should last for over a year. To replace the battery, follow these steps:
- Remove the AirTag from your item.
- Use a coin to slide the battery cover off of the AirTag.
- Remove the old battery and replace it with a new one.
- Slide the battery cover back on to the AirTag.
How do I use an AirTag to find my lost items?
To use an AirTag to find your lost item, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Select the AirTag that you want to find.
- The app will show you the last known location of the AirTag.
- You can also use the “Play Sound” button to make the AirTag emit a sound, which can help you find it.
How do I share my AirTag with other people?
To share your AirTag with other people, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Select the AirTag that you want to share.
- Tap the “Share” button.
- Enter the email address or phone number of the person you want to share the AirTag with.
- The person will receive an invitation to join your Find My network.
How do I protect my AirTag from being tracked by someone else?
Your AirTag is protected by a number of features that make it difficult for someone else to track you without your permission. These features include:
- Randomized Bluetooth identifiers: Each AirTag has a randomly generated Bluetooth identifier that changes frequently. This makes it difficult for someone to track your AirTag over time.
- Privacy alerts: If someone else is using an AirTag to track you, you will receive a notification on your iPhone.
- Detachment alerts: If someone else removes your AirTag from your item, you will receive a notification on your iPhone.
Read More: How Accurate is Find My iPhone?
Connecting an AirTag to your iPhone is a quick and easy process. With just a few taps, you can start tracking your belongings and never worry about losing them again.