There have been many rules and policies regarding telecommunication in Nepal. The Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) has been working on MDMS for quite a while now. The registration started back in 2016 when IMEI numbers had to be registered for all phone users regardless of their nationality. All Nepalese people and foreigners had to register their IMEI numbers. In this article, we will be talking about how you can register the IMEI number of imported phones in Nepal.
You will get a brief on everything that you need to know about MDMS and IMEI in Nepal in this article. Read till the end to get in-depth knowledge of them.
What are MDMS and IMEI?
MDMS refers to Mobile Device Management System. This system helps in ensuring that everything that happens in a device is kept on record. As in, no matter if you are using Ncell, NTC, or any other mobile network connection, your device records will still be kept in track.
In the same way, IMEI helps in registering devices in order to assure that they are brought inside the country illegally. Hence, with the help of this registration, you can freely use the devices that have been imported into Nepal from abroad despite the rules about imported phones in the country.
How Can You Register in IMEI in Nepal?
Follow the steps below if you want to register in IMEI in Nepal:
- Go to the NTA Portal.
- Go through the instructions for Nepalese and Foreign citizens.
- Fill out the form.
How to Fill Out the Form?
To fill out the form, follow the steps below:
- Enter the IMEI numbers, Brand, and Model of your phone. In case your device is registered, you won’t have to further the process.
- For a new device, you will get an OTP code.
- Enter the mobile number that you are using in the phone alongside all the necessary information like address, arrival date, etc.
- From the online portal, NTA will determine whether the registration can be done or not after viewing all the personal documents you have sent.
Likewise, phone importers have to go through the following steps:
- Go to the portal of NTA for phone importers.
- Sign Up, Login and Register.
- Go to any New importer application.
- Enter the company name, address, email, contact person details, and company registration no, and attach citizenship, company registration, PAN card, and Mobile number on the importer’s profile.
- Select New register and fill in all the necessary details.
Why Should You Register in IMEI?
There is more than just a reason why you should do IMEI registration for your phone. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Online registration of your phone is a hassle-free process. It is always more convenient than you may think.
- Registering one’s phone is easier and faster when done online.
- Official and genuine brands and channels are likely to expand while there will be a fair decrease in illegal importing.
- The identification database of the owners will make it easier to secure all the necessary passwords and codes in one’s phone.
- If you ever lose your phone, you can easily track it with the help of IMEI.
How to Check Your IMEI Registration in Nepal?
You can check your IMEI registration in Nepal with the help of the steps below:
- Go to the NTA Portal yet again.
- Enter your IMEI number, phone model, brand, mobile number, etc.
- If your phone is already registered, you will get notified about it. If not, you can easily register your phone with the help of the aforementioned steps.
Though many people in Nepal are still not aware of IMEI, now that the rules are stricter, it is about time that people become more aware of the process. Moreover, it is very crucial for everyone to register their phone’s IMEI number, especially when they have been imported from foreign countries to Nepal. It does not matter if you brought the phone from abroad with legal proceedings, someone gifted it to you or you bought it from a dealer importer. When your phone has already been registered, you will not be deprived of your rights to freely use the phone. Moreover, the entire process is extremely easy and convenient to follow.
So, this is the right time to go to the NTA portal right now if you have an imported phone, or just want to register your phone!
Also read: Samsung Galaxy A14 5G-All you need to know